The methods in which we collect data may include, but are not limited to:
- Direct contact from existing/potential customers
- Publicly listed information (e.g. company addresses)
How we collect your personal data
As part of the registration process for our monthly email update, we collect personal information. We use that information for a couple of reasons: to tell you about our products/services; to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information; to check our records are right; and to check every now and then that you’re happy and satisfied. We don’t rent or trade email lists with other organisations and businesses.
We use a third party provide, Swiftpage, to delivery our emails to you. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our email activities. For more information, please see http://www.swiftpage.com/en-uk/privacy-policy. You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time of the day or night by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not use any other third party companies (other than Swiftpage) as all our software and records are used and stored on our inhouse systems (CRM, Accounts).
How we use your personal data
All the data we collect is used specifically for legitimate interests, these may include but are not limited to:-
- To inform you about our products/services
- To inform you of changes to our products/services
- To fulfil contracts undertaken by our customers
- To ensure the information we hold for you is accurate
We ensure the use of personal data is used only for legitimate purposes, and only when your interests and fundamental rights do not override our legitimate interests.
Your privacy rights
You have the following rights;
- The right to ask for a copy of personal data that we hold about you (the right of access)
- The right to request that we delete personal data held on you; where we no longer have any legal reason to retain it (the right of erasure or to be forgotten) please not this may cause an account to be closed if the information request to be deleted is explicitly required to allow the supply of goods to take place.
- The right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about (the right of rectification)
- The right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you and to object to us using/holding your personal data if we have no legitimate reasons to do so (the right to object).
- The right (in certain circumstances) to ask us to ‘restrict processing of data’; which means that we would need to secure and retain the data for your benefit but not otherwise use it (the right to restrict processing).
- The right (in certain circumstances) to ask us to supply you with some of the personal data we hold about you in a structured machine-readable format and/or to provide a copy of the data in such a format to another organisation (the right to data portability).
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details on the contact page of our website.